In yesterday’s post I said something about there being a lot of different factors that go into what I’m calling “being gray-ace”, and I said I hadn’t explored some of them very much. For my future reference, here’s some kind of list of these factors and what I have written about them. To be added to later.
- Sensory stuff
- Social stuff
- Attraction/ my brain and the idea of sex
- The time-delay thing
- Something about “sex is sexy, people aren’t”
- To write: so what is actually sexy then?
- To write: what kinds of things stand out to me as attractive in that debatably-sexual way?
- To write: something about visual stuff
- And something about visual imagination in particular
- To write: something about voices
- To write: something like a compare/contrast of things that roughly fit under “sexual attraction” versus nice things that have nothing to do with sex or other people
- There should be a section about sex in fiction/fantasies I guess, I don’t want to write it but it should be here
- To write: something about porn
- To write: probably like three separate things about fantasies
- Physical stuff
- To write: something about stuff that might be physical or “sensory”